Thursday, October 6, 2011

Whack Off (the Road)

I was on the highway today, and from afar, I saw lights on the back of a department of transportation truck signaling that motorists were to get out of the left lane.  As I approached, I saw something that I think is about the WORST use of taxpayer money than I've ever seen.  That's saying a lot because I've seen  some pretty useless road construction where one guy is jack-hammering while ten others are "supervising."

However, till today, I had never seen a road construction site where every worker was doing something, which was a nice little surprise...That is until I was able to wrap my head around what they were doing.  They were using weed-whackers on the median!  Instead of cutting weeds, they were actually just kicking up rocks and flinging them at cars.  I'm not making this up either...I wish I'd been able to take a picture to prove it.  All I can say is that I'm SO glad my tax dollars are hard at work.


-FSG

No comments:

Post a Comment