Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oddly Specific Fortune

I tend to have a habit of being on the receiving end of some interesting fortunes within cookies.  In the past, I've gotten dandies including but not limited to:

"Be patient.  The Great Wall didn't got build in just one year."
"There's no time like the pleasant."

Today, I opened my cookie, wide eyed and optimistic, and my eyes gazed down eagerly.  What I read was grammatically correct (a nice surprise), and by leaps and bounds the most predictive and specific fortune I've ever seen:

"You will soon be invited to a karaoke party."

From a logic standpoint and extrapolation from the past into the future, I am skeptical, but at the same time, I just can't bring myself to neglect the cookie's wisdom.  Time will tell.


-FSG

No comments:

Post a Comment