Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Run, FSG, Run!

As someone who enjoys a nice cathartic run with adrenaline pumping music playing, I took the opportunity to make the most out of the terrific weather today.  For my third run of the calendar year (and my first in about a month), I'm surprised I managed to post 6.25 miles.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Then, it seemed like a slightly worse idea shortly after.  I'm guessing it will seem like a God awful one tomorrow.  Anyway, I told you that story to introduce you to a very cool website that a faithful reader showed me many moons ago. 

USA Track and Field has a tool with which one can chart his or her runs (hehe...pardon the poop joke double meaning) to determine distance logged.  I generally like to just run like Forrest Gump and then determine the distance ex post.  However, I suppose if you prefer to know beforehand, and you don't mind sticking to a strict course (instead of improvising like I do...if I see something shiny, I gravitate towards it...what can I say?), you could presumably* chart a run ex ante.  I hope you find this as useful and fun as I do.  Happy trails!

*The word "presumably" was used here because while I have not tried this, and thus I cannot attest to anything concrete, I cannot fathom any inhibitors or obstacles to doing this.


-FSG


No comments:

Post a Comment