Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Emerging from My Cave

I have finally entered the 21st century!  I bid on an item on ebay last week, and I won.  Today, my shiny, new (well...somewhat faded and over 90 years old) Walking Liberty Half dollar came in the mail!  I don't win very many of my bids because I only bid up to the melt price of the coins on which I bid (minus shipping, so the whole purchase equals the melt price).  In fact, I only win about 1 in 15, which is fine because I will buy, but I will do so at my price.

I'm kind of new to this whole precious metals thing though, so I'm looking for tips and hints to buying/saving/storing.  I know at least one of you will suggest diversifying my metals between silver, gold, and lead (you know who you are).  Any other tips?

-MSG

2 comments:

  1. I'll let others counsel you on liquidating gold and silver, but as for your lead stockpiles, might I advise a trip to http://impactguns.com/ for some disposal devices?

    ReplyDelete