Monday, March 14, 2011

Appliance Finds Purpose in Life

A once thought to be useless (and in my case, oft forgotten about) kitchen appliance now has a new purpose in life!  If you're anything like me (God help you if you are), you have an stove top.  Above this is a hood and a light.  It's all pretty standard, but if we share kitchen similarities, this hood is purely decorative.  It has no use other than to smack the back of your head as you stand up after smelling what you're cooking.  In fact, this feature seemed to make this mysterious protuberance utterly counterproductive.  Ironically, counters are not counterproductive, but that is neither here nor there.

Anyway, today, I learned the reason the trapezoidal metal was installed!  It turns out that it is kryptonite to the Superman that is the smoke detector!  The smoke detector went off, I flipped the fan on (and was about to flip the smoke detector off in a completely different, far more frustrated/NYC driver sort of way), and the smoke detector was rendered weak, powerless, and mute.  It was nothing short of miraculous!  I can't say that this mysterious "fan" thing would work with any foods, as I don't dare generalize kabob results for fear of spreading misinformation.  However, I plan to find out!  I'm going to burn all sorts of crap now just to see what happens!

*Note: I did NOT burn the kabobs.  There are witnesses who, if they tell the truth, will attest to that.  This is part of why I wanted to flip off the smoke detector.


-FSG

No comments:

Post a Comment