Monday, March 7, 2011

DeNic's Pork Sandwich!

Well, I did it!  The wait is over.  On Saturday, March 5, 2011 at approximately 17:16:08, I was chowing down on a Roast Pork Sandwich from DeNic's at Reading Terminal Market.  Unfortunately, since it was less than an hour till closing, the clerk advised those of us fortunate enough to be in line that they had run out of everything but the pork, peppers, and cheese (and buns of course).  That of course didn't stop people from asking questions like, "Does that mean there's no more beef?" but I digress.

Anyway, I had to settle for roasted peppers instead of broccoli rabe, but I don't regret it.  After paying and being handed my boon, I practically ran to the table where I knew all my friends were gathered.  In a very real way, it was a lot like the scene from Willy Wonka where Charlie ran home after finding the golden ticket.  I sat down, ravaged the wrapper, and started to devour this epic sandwich.  Oh man...I tell you, it was unbelievable.  The pork was so tender, and it's juices were absorbed into the bread.  The peppers were the perfect mix of hot and just downright peppery.  This is a sandwich I must recommend.


-A culinarily delighted FSG

No comments:

Post a Comment