Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Move Over, Shakespeare!

This weekend, I was with a gaggle of close friends at a local bar.  We were imbibing the most wonderful of amber and burgundy nectars, catching up, and having a great time sitting around the rectangular table.  Out of a bizarre circumstance that I will detail in a second, a new phrase was born.  This is a phrase so perfect that, to quote Frank Zappa, it is "destined to replace the mudshark in your mythology."  It has impending ubiquity written all over it!

I was in the bathroom, and after I washed my hands, I sent a text to one of my tablemates.  When I returned to the table, this individual asked me, "Did you text me while you were dropping a deuce?"  Perhaps influenced by the fine India Pale Ale in front of me (or more precisely already in my belly), I blurted out, "No...I didn't even drop a deuce...I dropped a once."

So there you have it.  If the Bard could create words and phrases that would transcend generations, why can't I?  From now on, whenever I have to urinate, I will refrain from using euphemisms like "pee," "drain the lizard," "cop a squirt," "take a piss," "water the lawn," "commit sacrilege at the porcelain altar," "make a piddle puddle," and of course "recreate the BP oil spill."  From this day forward, I will say, "I have to drop a once," whenever I have to go number one.  My challenge to you is to do the same.  Let's make this thing stick!

-FSG

2 comments:

  1. I thought "recreate the BP oil spill." meant liquishits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I meant "liquidshits," I would have said "Exxon Mobil." Duh.

    -FSG

    ReplyDelete