Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe

This recipe is pretty plain and simple, and I have had a hankering for it for the past few days, so I plan to both share and make it tonight.  For it, I use my favourite spicing combination that I use to make popcorn and regular fries, and somehow, it works very nicely on all three, as the base foods each bring something different to my diabolical concoction.

For this dish, you need a frying pan, at least one sweet potato, garlic powder, black pepper (preferably freshly ground), and chili powder (preferably chipotle).

1.  Start by cutting the ends off the sweet potato then cutting it into quarters.  After that, put the flat side of each quarter down, and make thin slices.

2.  Put into the frying pan, and sprinkle the spices on top.

3.  Pour about a tablespoon of oil in (depending on the size of the potatoe *Dan Quayle is dictating these directions to me*)

4.  Cook till done.


I find that while ketchup is highly unnecessary, it's not a terrible idea to add...Especially in the case that you accidentally dumped a chipotle chili avalanche atop the fries, which I may or may not do on occasion (not proud of that), and you need to offset some of the heat for fear of the next day's bathroom experience.

I'm definitely open to suggestions for new seasoning combinations to try if you have any suggestions...I'd love to hear.


-FSG

No comments:

Post a Comment