Monday, March 28, 2011

The Timeless Art of Irritation

Today, a faithful reader sent me an intriguing list comprised of innovative ways to annoy others.  It is certainly full of grand ideas, and frankly, I was getting a little peeved just reading the list (so it must work).  My only problem with this compilation of irksome material is that it's rather incomplete.  As a service to annoyers everywhere, I'd like to add a few ideas:

1.  Squeeze toothpaste out of their tube so it crusts to the cap
2.  Write code for a computer virus
3.  When playing chess as "black," do nothing but mimic your opponent's moves (for extra annoyance, if in person, act as though you're really thinking hard for about five minutes before doing it)
4.  Insert the phrase, "That's not true!  I saw it in Mythbusters!" into conversations when someone else states a fact
5.  Make lots of puns
6.  Make sure people know that your lots of puns are funny (drive the point home however you wish, but I suggest just repeating it till people react)
7.  Hide behind corners and jump out at people making loud animal sounds
8.  Occupy my bathroom stall when I need it
9.  Talk about how Keanu Reeves is the greatest actor ever while raving about all his work
10.  Send my blog link to people

The above list was not easy for me to make, as a few ::coughcough8coughcough:: hit a little too close to home, but I suffered through in the interest of science and humor anyway.  How about you?  What makes you tick, and how do you passively (or aggressively...or passive aggressively, for that matter) annoy others?

-FSG

3 comments:

  1. 3. When playing chess as "black," do nothing but mimic your opponent's moves (for extra annoyance, if in person, act as though you're really thinking hard for about five minutes before doing it)

    I have personal experience with this one. Does it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works more than I care to let on. Although I guess I failed and let on...

    -FSG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using Kaspersky protection for a couple of years now, I recommend this product to all of you.

    ReplyDelete